ADVOCATES FOR HEALTHY CHOICES
The AFHC Club Members will:
- Be comprised of student leaders who will coordinate a campaign to raise awareness amongst their peers on the harmful effects of vaping products (i.e.e-cigarettes and vaporizers)
- Seek stakeholder support and promote the program
- Receive training in team-building, communication, project management, and public speaking to be empowered to become future leaders who will advocate for their communities
- Consist of 20-25 students who exhibit leadership qualities
- Meet for 22 sessions throughout the school year. The sessions will be held after-school on a weekly basis for 1½ hours.
- Students will lead an end of the year presentation at their school site.
- Participate in a Student-Led Conference that will be held at a selected College/University. At this conference, the students will meet AFHC members from other campuses, make presentations about their anti-vaping awareness campaigns, generate new ideas for future campaigns, and participate on a college tour
© 2024 arc. All rights reserved.